Performance testing on Azure VMs, App Services, and Container Instances (Part2)

Refer to my previous article we have tested simulated Sales order processing using NETCore web API connected to Azure SQL . by hosting on Azure virtual Machin with a single instance and multiple instances scale set.

After that, I have published my project to Azure with 3 different platforms to comparing performance between a particular Azure service as follows

    1. Virtual Machine: Link

    2. App Services: Link 

            2.1 Single Instances  S1

            2.2 Dual Instancese  S1 

            2.3 Single Instances  P1V2  (Scale-up)

            ** Because I testing in the Azure trial Environment, so I cannot use the Isolate plan to create an app service 

    3. Container Instances

            3.1  Single Instances 

            3.2  Dual Instances

            3.3  Single Instances (Scale-up)


The condition to test is 

Simulate sales order place from end-user. 100 users commit every 1 second over  minutes Duration


3. Container Instance

3.1 Single Instances

-    Size  1 CPU/1.5 GiB Memory.


-Average Response Time 7024  /Response Counts success 6177 / Timeout  Zero



Azure SQL database5796 Orders have been inserted.


3.2 Dual Instances

-    Size is the same as scenario 3.1
-    I use Application Gateway to handle load balancer by configuring Frontend Public IP to Backend Pool with Container Public IP.




-Average Response Time 3352  /Response Counts success 12,096 / Timeout  Zero
Azure SQL database: 12,173 Orders have been inserted from different container instances.



3.3  Container Instances Scale-up 

I do create a Container with double size.

- Size 2 CPU core/ 3 GiB memory




-Average Response Time 4571  /Response Counts success 9675 / Timeout Zero



Azure SQL database: 19,641 Orders have been inserted.




Conclusion: 





for me, the test resource was impressive for container instances.

Hope my lab gives you ideas about 3 Azure computing services. I wouldn't say which one is the better solution. It's base on your technology and environmental condition.

In my opinion. I think the container is portable and easy to deployment so in the next article, I will try to leverage the container base with my Project. 


Thanks for you visit my blog